2012-13 Season of Events
The 2012-13 Season of Events has ended. Information about the 2013-14 Season will be posted as soon as it is available.
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
This year's Season offerings include:
- The Eddie Palmieri-Bryan Lynch Quartet, October 4
- Red Grammer, October 26 @ 6:30pm
- On Ensemble, November 17
- Sounds of the Season, December 9 @ 2pm
- The Intergalactic Nemesis, January 11
- Keigwin + Company, January 21
- Obake Stories & Ancient Hawaiian Myths, April 13
All performances begin at 7:30pm, except Red Grammer, which begins at 6:30pm (Special Early time for the Keiki!) and Sounds of the Season, which begins at 2pm.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
We expect season brochures to arrive in mailboxes in Mid-Late August.
- Tuesday, August 28, 2012 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin for 2011-12 Season Subscribers.
- Sunday, September 9, 2012 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2011-12 Subscribers.
- Tuesday, September 4, 2012 – Current Applause Members begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Tuesday, September 11, 2012 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2012 – Single Ticket sales begin.
- Thursday, October 18, 2012 – Deadline to purchase Fall Quatro package.
If you subscribed to the 2011-12 Season and wish to renew for the 2012-13 Season prior to September 4, please remember to contact Heidi at 933-3209 for assistance.
Download a copy of our 2012-13 Season Brochure.
Tickets for the 2012-13 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 9am-1pm(starting 9/4) for orders by phone(808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office Information
Due to ongoing construction activities on the UH Hilo Campus, the Box Office has relocated to the back of the Performing Arts Center, room 141 for daily operations. The Box Office window on the lanai will still open 2 hours prior to Season performances for purchases and will call pickups.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, New England Foundation for the Arts, National Dance Project; The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Hawaiʻi Association of Music Societies and Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2012-13 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, Native FM, ESPN Radio
- KWXX, B97/B93
- Business Services Hawaii
- Concept Construction
- Hirayama Brothers Electric
- John D. Stover DDS, MD, PhD & Bayardo Aviles
- Big Island Federal Credit Union
- DJSM LLC, Dr. Allan & Jean Takase
- Ginoza Realty, Inc.
- HPM Building Supply
- Isemoto Contracting Co., Ltd.
- Restaurant Encore/Kuhio Grille
- Stan’s Contracting