2014-15 Season of Events
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
This year's Season offerings include:
- Mavis Staples, September 27
- Emel Mathlouthi, October 4
- Indian Ink Theatre Company: Guru of Chai, October 18
- Conquering the Sun, November 14, 15 @ 7pm; November 16 @ 2pm
- Rani Arbo & daisy mayhem, January 22
- Eric Bibb, February 11
- Kyle Abraham/Abraham.In.Motion Pavement, February 24
- Massive Company The Brave, March 10
- The Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Presents It Gets Better, April 2
All performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of Conquering the Sun.
Fall Trifecta: 3 Events for just $15!
- Fall 2014 Great Leaps Dance Concert, December 6 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, December 11 @ 7:30pm
- Holiday Concert, December 14 @ 2pm
To receive the 3 events for $15 deal, the Fall Trifecta package needs to be purchased by December 6, 2015.
Spring Trifecta: 3 Events for just $15!
- Hilo: Da Musical, April 16, 17, 18 @ 7:30pm and April 19 @ 2pm
- Spring 2015 Great Leaps Dance Concert, May 2 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, May 7 @ 7:30pm
To receive the 3 events for $15 deal, the Spring Trifecta package needs to be purchased by April 16, 2015.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin for 2013-14 Season Subscribers.
- Friday, August 29, 2014 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2013-14 Subscribers.
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014 – Current Applause Members begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014 – Single Ticket sales begin.
If you subscribed to the 2013-14 Season and wish to renew for the 2014-15 Season prior to August 26, please remember to contact Dori at 932-7496 for assistance.
Download a copy of our 2014-15 Season Brochure.
Tickets for the 2014-15 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 9am-1pm for orders by phone(808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office InformationAs of August 27, 2013, the Box Office will re-open at its original location on the theatre lanai during box office hours.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2014-15 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, Native FM, ESPN Radio
- KWXX, B97/B93
- Concept Construction Inc.
- Hirayama Brothers Electric
- Big Island Federal Credit Union
- Business Services Hawaii
- DJSM LLC, Dr. Allan & Jean Takase
- Floral Resources
- GW Construction
- Hawaii Island Adult Care, Inc.
- HPM Building Supply
- Kuhio Grille
- Stan’s Contracting Inc.