2017-18 Season of Events
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
This year's Season offerings include:
- Shank's Mare, October 4
- Okareka Dance Company present Mana Wahine, October 24
- Abe Lagrimas Jr. Jazz Trio, November 15
- Holiday Card to Hilo: The Festive Season, November 19
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Meets Dweezil Zappa, December 8-9
- Masters of the Currents, March 8
- The Alt, March 22
- Aloha Las Vegas, April 12-15
All performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of Holiday Card to Hilo and the matinee performance of Aloha Las Vegas on Sunday April 15.
Fall Performing Arts Department Event
- Fall 2017 Great Leaps Dance Preview, December 1 @ 7:30pm
- Fall 2017 Great Leaps Dance ConcertDecember 2 @ 7:30pm
Spring Trifecta: 3 Events for just $20!
- Spring 2018 Great Leaps Dance Concert, April 28 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, May 3 @ 7:30pm
- We Sing the Spring, May 6 @ 2pm
To receive the 3 events for $20 deal, the Spring Trifecta package needs to be purchased by April 28, 2018.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
- Tuesday, August 29, 2017 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin only for 2016-17 Season Subscribers.
- Tuesday, September 5, 2017 - Box Office opens; Dance Collective ticket sales begin.
- Friday, September 8, 2017 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2016-17 Subscribers.
- Friday, September 8, 2017 – Current Applause Members may begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Friday, September 15, 2017 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 – Single Ticket sales begin.
Tickets for the 2017-18 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 10am-2pm for orders by phone (808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office Information
The Box Office is located on the theatre lanai and is open during box office hours and two hours prior to showtime.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2017-18 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, The Beat, ESPN Radio
- KWXX, B97/B93
- 102.7 The Beach, The Wave@92FM
- Dr. Les & Therese Barnette
- Hawaii Island Adult Care, Inc.
- Hawaiʻi Tribune Herald
- GW Construction
- KapohoKine Adventures