2018-19 Season of Events
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
This year's Season offerings include:
- [Harold López-Nussa Trio, October 19
- Holiday Card to Hilo: Come Back Home, December 9
- Giordano Dance Chicago, January 25
- Derek Gripper, January 30
- Tomáš Kubínek, February 13
- Jacob Jonas The Company, March 2
- On Ensemble, March 7
- Rent, April 5-7, 12-14
All performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of Holiday Card to Hilo and the matinee performances of Rent on Sunday April 7 and 14.
Fall Trifecta: 3 Events for just $20!
- Scary Scenarios, October 26-31, 6pm & 8:30pm except for October 28, which is at 4pm
- Fall 2018 Great Leaps Dance ConcertDecember 1 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, December 5 & 6 @ 7:30pm
Spring Performing Arts Department Events
- Spring 2018 Great Leaps Dance Preview, May 1 @ 7:30pm
- Spring 2018 Great Leaps Dance Concert, May 2 @ 7:30pm
- We Sing the Spring, May 5 @ 2pm
To receive the 3 events for $20 deal, the Fall Trifecta package needs to be purchased by October 26, 2018.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin only for 2017-18 Season Subscribers.
- Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - Box Office opens; Dance Collective ticket sales begin.
- Friday, September 7, 2018 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2017-18 Subscribers.
- Friday, September 7, 2018 – Current Applause Members may begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 – Single Ticket sales begin.
Tickets for the 2018-19 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 10am-2pm for orders by phone (808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office Information
The Box Office is located on the theatre lanai and is open during box office hours and two hours prior to showtime.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2018-19 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, Native FM, ESPN Radio
- KWXX, B97/B93
- 102.7 The Beach, The Wave@92FM
- Dr. Les & Therese Barnette
- Eye Care Hawaii
- Hawaiʻi Tribune Herald
- GW Construction
- KapohoKine Adventures