2016-17 Season of Events
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
- Dance Collective, September 16
- Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts, September 21
- Hot Club of San Francisco: Meet Me In Paris, March 2
This year's Season offerings include:
- Garry Krinsky: Toying with Science, September 28
- Christopher K. Morgan & Artists: Pohaku, October 26
- Martha Redbone presents Bone Hill-The Concert, October 28
- Holiday Card to Hilo: Christmas Around the World, December 11
- Black Arm Band: Dirtsong, January 20
- Jamie Adkins: Circus Incognitus, January 26
- Wonderheads: Loon, February 3
- Dobet Gnahore, February 22
- Aparna Ramaswamy presents They Rose at Dawn, March 7
- Compagnie Herve Koubi: What the Day Owes to the Night, March 28
- Evita, April 7-15
All performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of Holiday Card to Hilo and the matinee performance of Evita on Sunday April 9.
Fall Trifecta: 3 Events for just $20!
- The Ghosts of Hiroshima, November 17,18 & 19 @ 7:30pm and November 20 @ 2pm
- Fall 2016 Great Leaps Dance Concert, December 3 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, December 7 OR 8 @ 7:30pm (choose one)
To receive the 3 events for $20 deal, the Fall Trifecta package needs to be purchased by November 17, 2016.
Spring Trifecta: 3 Events for just $20!
- Spring 2016 Great Leaps Dance Concert, April 29 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, May 4 @ 7:30pm
- We Sing the Spring: 35 Years of Jackie!, May 7 @ 2pm
To receive the 3 events for $20 deal, the Spring Trifecta package needs to be purchased by April 29, 2017.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
- Tuesday, August 23, 2016 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin for 2015-16 Season Subscribers.
- Friday, September 2, 2016 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2015-16 Subscribers.
- Friday, September 2, 2016 – Current Applause Members begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Friday, September 9, 2016 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016 – Single Ticket sales begin.
Download a copy of our 2016-17 Season Brochure.
Tickets for the 2016-17 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 9am-1pm for orders by phone (808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office Information
The Box Office is located on the theatre lanai and is open during box office hours and two hours prior to showtime.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2016-17 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, The Beat, ESPN Radio
- KWXX, B97/B93
- Concept Development
- GW Construction
- Hawaiʻi Tribune Herald
- Business Services Hawaiʻi
- DJSM LLC, Dr. Allan & Jean Takase
- KapohoKine Adventures
- Hawaiʻi Island Adult Care, Inc.