2019-20 Season of Events
The UH Hilo Performing Arts Center produces and presents a Season of Events as part of its mission to provide significant cultural and educational opportunities for the University and Big Island Communities.
This year's Season offerings include:
- Christian Sands Trio, October 12
- Okaidja Afroso Trio, October 23
- The Hawaiian Nutcracker, November 21-24
- Holiday Card to Hilo: A Season of Lights, December 15
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet, January 21
- Speak, February 14
- Goitse, February 26
- The Conversion of Kaahumanu, April 3-5
All performances begin at 7:30pm with the exception of The Hawaiian Nutcracker which has evening performances at 7pm and the matinee performances of The Hawaiian Nutcracker, Holiday Card to Hilo and The Conversion of Kaahumanu.
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra Concert, December 11 & 12 @ 7:30pm
Spring Trifecta: 3 events for just $20
- Spring 2020 Great Leaps Dance Preview, May 1 @ 7:30pm
- Spring 2020 Great Leaps Dance Concert, May 2 @ 7:30pm
- UH Hilo Jazz Orchestra, May 7
- We Sing the Spring, May 10 @ 2pm
To receive the 3 events for $20 deal, the Spring Trifecta package needs to be purchased by May 2, 2020.
Season Brochures & Subscription Information
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 – Season Subscriptions renewals begin only for 2018-19 Season Subscribers.
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019 - Box Office opens; Dance Collective ticket sales begin.
- Friday, September 6, 2019 – Priority Seat Renewal Deadline for 2018-19 Subscribers.
- Friday, September 6, 2019 – Current Applause Members may begin to purchase Season Subscriptions.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 – Season Subscriptions sales begin for the General Public.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 – Single Ticket sales begin.
Tickets for the 2019-20 Season of Events may be purchased online 24/7 via our ticketing website.
The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, 10am-2pm for orders by phone (808-932-7490) with the use of a Visa/MasterCard, or walk-up sales.
If you are looking for an event that does not appear on this page, please check out our Monthly Calendar. The event you are looking for may be a Performing Arts Department Event, Special Event, or rental.
Important Box Office Information
The Box Office is located on the theatre lanai and is open during box office hours and two hours prior to showtime.
Our season is supported in part by the Hawaiʻi State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, WESTAF, The Western States Arts Federation; NEFA-NDP, The National Endowment for the Arts, and is coordinated in association with the Performing Arts Presenters of Hawaiʻi.
Our season is also generously supported by local Sponsors, largely through the efforts of our Advisory Committee, as well as our Applause! members. Click on the links to find out who all of these wonderful people are!
Mahalo to our 2019-20 Season Sponsors:
- KAPA, KBIG, The Beat
- KWXX, B97/B93
- 102.7 The Beach, The Wave@92FM, 107.7 KOA Country, Lava 105.3
- Eye Care Hawaii
- Hawaiʻi Tribune Herald
- Michael B Russo, MD, Inc.
- GW Construction